Lost Device Protection
Trend Micro, 2013
There was a project called Lost Device Protection when I worked at Trend Micro. The product team asked me to develop the next version for new UI and responsive web design. I used a bootstrap framework, I also assisted with the HTML & CSS for the mobile version of the site, and wrote a separate stylesheet specifically for the site when being viewed on an iPad.
My Role: Front End DeveloperView Website
Building a Fast and Responsive Front-End
The PM was very happy with the designs and with the back-end already in place we were able to quickly move onto the build of the front-end.
I built the front-end “mobile-up”, meaning it was first created for mobile layouts, then using media queries and progressive enhancement additional styles and functionality were added for tablet and desktop.
To keep performance optimal, I used hardware acceleration for smooth animations across all devices, minimized and concatenated scripts, and used sprite sheets to keep the number of browser requests at a minimum.
Where possible, I relied on third-party libraries such as:
JQuery for general behaviours
Modernizr for testing browser features
Bootstrap for basic UI framework
Google Analytics for tracking performance
Google Map API to connect our service
JSON format to support L10n